User Types are the persona or role assigned to the user. The type has a direct effect on the permissions available when using the system. Please see attached job aid for more in depth details. As examples:
- Executive has access rights to the entire application functionality and is generally designated as the tool’s Super User for the company.
- Office Worker uses the application throughout the day to schedule Users to perform and complete assignments in the field in many cases referred to as a Dispatcher.
- Technicians are generally in the field and use the SmartField App on a smartphone or tablet to access work assignments, document start and end times, make notations, etc.
Create a User Type
Use the steps below to create a new User Type within your company’s system.
- From the Control Tower, select the Administration drop down.
- Select User Type and then select the OK button.
- A new User Type tab displays.
- Update the Code and Description fields with your company’s vernacular for system users.
- Select the Access drop down and choose the applicable access type for that user type.
- Select the Save button.
- Complete steps 4 through 6 for each User Type needed.
- When all user types have been created, select the [X] in the User Type tab to close.