Create New Job
- From the Control Tower, select New Job (rocket icon) from the Quick Links navigator on the left hand side.
- A new Job Entry tab displays. Two buttons display:
- Existing Customer – Select if the job to be created/scheduled is for a Customer that already has a profile in the application. Continue to Step 3.
- New Customer – Select if the job to be created/scheduled requires the Customer to first be created in the application. Refer to Create New Customer reference aid or knowledge article.
- Select the Existing Customer button. The Customer Search window displays.
- Select the Search button at the bottom of the Customer Search window to display a list of Customers already in the application. Select the applicable Customer link from the Company column.
- The Job Entry tab updates to display the Customer selected and the working area is labeled Step 1 Select/Create a Customer.
- At the bottom of the tab, select the Next button (highlighted with light green box). The working area updates to include Step 2 Job Setup.
- This section allows the Dispatcher to input additional notes and criteria not already associated with the job. Once the additional information is included choose either the Quick Job or Advanced options to continue to the next step.
- Quick Job – Use this option if the job being created is the company’s default Work Package. As an example, if your company does installations 80% of the time, your Installation Work Packages can be tied to this quick setup button. Continue to the Schedule the New Job Note and then proceed with Step 8.
- Advanced – Use this option to open the Advanced Options feature to choose specific Work Packages.Continue to Schedule the New Job Note and then proceed with Step 9.
If your company is NOT using the above format, continue with this lesson . . .
- Select the Quick Job button. The Job Entry tab updates to include Step 3 Schedule Option. Select the Schedule button.
- Select the Advanced button. An Advanced Options section displays. Select the applicable Work Package from the dropdown menu available. The Job Entry tab updates to include Step 3 Schedule Option. Select the Schedule button.
**Please see attached job aid for additional details**