Users are any employees or people who work with your company that will need access to the AgileField platform through the Control Tower, the Mobile Application, or both. Users may include, but are not limited to:
- Managers and Supervisors
- Customer Service Representatives
- Warehouse Managers
- Field Technicians
- IT Users
Before we add your Users into AgileField, there are a few things we should do first. Follow each of the steps below to get started with your initial setup for Users.
Shifts are used to display when a User is available for work.
To create a Shift, follow the steps below:
1. From the Control Tower, select Admin drop down.
2. Select Shift then select the OK button, if applicable.
3. The Shift tab displays.
4. Update the Code and Description fields with the desired name for that shift (ex: Mon-Fri 8-5).
5. Next, fill out the appropriate start and end times (refer to graphic at right). The shift times must be military time (24 hours).
6. Select the Save button.
7. Complete steps 4 thru 6 for each Shift needed.
Job Skills Job Skills are an expertise, ability or attribute of a User that identifies what jobs they can be assigned. Job Skills have an assigned rate (hourly cost) and are attached to types of Jobs. Job Skills also control where a User is visible on the Scheduler.
Examples: Electrical, Installs, Repairs, Mechanical, Plumbing, Field Tech 1, Field Tech 2, Customer Service, etc
To create a Job Skill, follow the steps below:
1. From the Control Tower, select the Admin drop down.
2. Select Job Skill and then select the OK button, if applicable.
3. A new Job Skill tab displays.
4. Update the Code and Description fields with your company’s vernacular for Job Skills.
5. Optional: Update the Rate field (rate per hour in dollars) with the standard fees associated as applicable.
6. Select the Save button.
7. Complete steps 4 and 5 for each Job Skill needed.
User Types are the persona or role assigned to a User. Each User Type has an associated Access Type that has a direct effect on the permissions available when using the system.
Note: AgileField Access Types are default settings in the system and cannot be changed.
|Mobile Only||This access is for those using only the AgileField Mobile Application in the field from a smartphone or tablet.|
|Restricted App and Mobile||This access is for those using mostly the AgileField Mobile Application in the field from a smartphone or tablet. |
|App and Mobile||This access is for managers, supervisors, dispatchers, and office workers who need access to the AgileField Control Tower. |
|Super User||This access is designated specifically for Administrator(s) of the AgileField Control Tower and Mobile Application for the company. This access allows for full permissions to everything in the system.|
Each User Type has an associated Access Type to control what a User is able to see and do in the AgileField Control Tower and on the Mobile Application. There are a few User Types pre-loaded (listed below), but new User Types can be created for your company.
|User Type||Access Type||Description|
|Super User||Super User||Has access rights to the entire application functionality and is generally designated as the tool’s Super User for the company.|
|Dispatcher||App and Mobile||Uses the application throughout the day to schedule Users to perform and complete assignments in the field in many cases referred to as a Dispatcher or an Office Worker.|
|Warehouse Manager||Restricted App and Mobile||Generally in the field and use the Mobile Application on a smartphone or tablet to access warehouses, vehicles, and inventory. Has access to all parts of the Mobile Application.|
|Field Technician||Mobile Only||Generally in the field and use the Mobile Application on a smartphone or tablet to access work assignments, document start and end times, make notations, etc.|
*No access to the Warehouse button
Create a New User Type
Use the steps below to create a new User Type within your company’s system.
- From the Control Tower, select the Admin drop down on the top right.
- Select User Type.
- A new User Type tab displays.
- Update the Code and Description fields with your company’s vernacular for system Users.
- Select the Access drop down and choose the applicable access type for that User Type.
- Select the Save button.
- Complete steps 4 through 6 for each User Type needed.
See the next lesson here: Preparing Your User List